The Armor Movement Mod for Minecraft is a mod that focuses on improving the players mobility through various armors, such as jetpacks, gliders, speed boots and more.
There’s armors for land, water, ice and air, giving you the ability to increase your mobility in every environment.
Here is a complete list of the armors added in this mod, and what they do, either passively or when activated:
- Heelys (Boots that makes move faster on ground when pressing the action key)
- Life Vest (Makes you float in water, this is a passive effect, so no button pressing necessary)
- Scuba Helmet (With this equipped, you can breathe under water)
- A Glider (Makes you glide when pressing the action key)
- Flippers (Boots with a passive effect that makes you move faster in water, but slower on the ground)
- Spring Boots (Makes you jump higher (6 blocks higher))
- Parachute (Slows your fall if you press the action key)
- Grappling Hook (Teleports you to any surface it hits)
- Ice Skates (Similar to the flippers, makes you faster on ice, but slower on other surfaces)
- Mountain Boots (Enables you to climb most vertical surfaces, including fences)
- Jet Pack (Enables you to fly if you press the action key)
- Helicopter Hat (Does the same thing as the Jet Pack, albeit a bit slower)
- Last and least, the mod also adds bananas to the game, they function just like apples, only being bananas instead.
By default, the action key is mapped to “F”, this can be remapped in the mods options though.
The armors all increase mobility in some way, so they are pretty useful if you want to explore the world.
Here are some screenshots of the mod in action:
First, I’m climbing a tree with the grappling hook:
Then I glide from the top of that tree, to a nearby swamp, all safely without taking any damage:
Here are all the recipes required to craft the armors in this mod:
How to install the Armor Movement Mod:
- Download the mod
- If you don’t have Forge, then download and install Forge for Minecraft (remember to select the “Forge” profile in the Minecraft launcher)
- Open your minecraft.jar folder (in Windows it’s in “%appdata%\.minecraft\bin\”, if you use the vanilla launcher)
- Copy the mod from wherever you downloaded it from to the “mod” folder found in your “.minecraft” folder
- Enjoy the added mobility of these new armors!