Aether 2 is a mod that follows in the footsteps of its famous predecessor, Aether 1.
This mod changes and adds a lot to Minecraft, and one of the biggest additions is that of a new dimension, the Aether.
The Aether is kind of the opposite of the Nether dimension, instead of being below ground in a hellish environment, the Aether is a place of floating islands, high in the sky, and is a heavenly environment.
The portal to the Aether is also different, in order to create one, you use glowstone and water instead of obsidian and lava, again the opposite.
This new dimension is full of new mobs, weapons, tools and materials, all out there for the player to discover, craft, use and kill, for that precious loot.
As stated, this dimension features flying islands, sometimes without a link between them, and that is where the new armors and tools come in, as they are used to get around. There’s also several clouds that are unlike the typical Minecraft clouds, in that they are “solid” and can be destroyed. Jumping on them will provide various effects, from sending you flying high, to throwing you in any direction.
Note: this mod requires Minecraft Forge.
Another new feature of this mod is the party system, as this mod is primarily intended to be played with friends, or online, but can just as well be played alone.
This new party system lets you form parties with other adventures, without the need for new mods or plugins, other than the Aether 2 mod.
Parties have several benefits, other than having more players helping you, as when you are in a party you can see the other players hunger, health, armor and coins, which is very helpful. You can also name your party whatever you like. Parties have a maximum of 10 players per party.
Another great feature of this mod is the new added dungeons.
Dungeons cannot be accessed from the outside world, other than from the main entrance, not even in creative mode, and are meant to be used with the new party system.
In order to enter a dungeon, you must gather a party of fellow adventures, find the dungeon, make sure everyone is ready and then right click the dungeon entrance and wait for everyone to confirm that they are ready.
They should be quite a challenge, with several mini-bosses and sometimes a end-boss along the way, and there is only one party of 10 allowed in a dungeon at a time.
Dungeons have 3 different modes; “available” means that it is ready, “occupied” means that another party is currently in the process of clearing the dungeon, and this means it cannot currently be accessed by you or your party. The final mode is “conquered”, which means that you, or someone from your party, has already cleared the dungeon, or left it three times without clearing it, both actions that exhausts the dungeon to prevent people from farming it over and over.
When a dungeon gets exhausted, it’s loot and mobs will respawn, and the dungeon will reset, giving another party the opportunity to clear it, or fail at clearing it. This is done so it doesn’t matter who is fastest in reaching the dungeons, as all will get their shot.
Currently, there’s only 1 dungeon in the mod, called Slider’s Labyrinth, it spans an entire floating island so it’s decently sized, and it has 3 mini-bosses and one final boss.
Several new dungeons are currently planned for this mod though.
If you are already familiar with Aether, this mod does everything Aether does, while also adding new mobs, blocks, items and reworked skins and models.
Aether 2 crafting recipes
For a link to all the recipies added in this mod, click here.
You can also check out all the Minecraft crafting recipes in vanilla Minecraft.
There is also a new launcher included in the mod, and in this new launcher you will find a link to the official Aether 2 server, in case you want to try it out with others.
How to install the Aether 2 mod for Minecraft:
- Download the mod
- If you don’t have Forge, then download and install Forge for Minecraft (remember to select the “Forge” profile in the Minecraft launcher)
- Open your minecraft.jar folder (in Windows it’s in “%appdata%\.minecraft\bin\”, if you use the vanilla launcher)
- Copy the mod files (all three of them) from wherever you downloaded them from to the “mod” folder found in your “.minecraft” folder
- Enjoy the new Aether dimension!
Download the Aether 2 mod below:
- Aether 2 Mod for Minecraft 1.7.10 [Forge] (Mirror 1)
- Aether 2 Mod for Minecraft 1.7.10 [Forge] (Mirror 2)
- Gilded Games Utility for Minecraft 1.7.10 [Required by mod] (Mirror 1)
- Gilded Games Utility for Minecraft 1.7.10 [Required by mod] (Mirror 2)
- Aether 2 Mod for Minecraft 1.6.4 [Forge] (Mirror 1)
- Aether 2 Mod for Minecraft 1.6.4 [Forge] (Mirror 2)
- Threaded Lightning for Minecraft 1.6.4 [Required by mod] (Mirror 1)
- Threaded Lightning for Minecraft 1.6.4 [Required by mod] (Mirror 2)
- Aether 2 Mod for Minecraft 1.6.2 [Forge]
- Player Core API for Minecraft 1.6.2 [Required by mod]
- Threaded Lightning for Minecraft 1.6.2 [Required by mod]